11.15.2007

I love procrastination!

....and I just realized why. I love procrastination because (doesn't that sound like the sentence formula of a first grader learning to write?) I am a slow thinker, 50% of the time. I re-think too much. For example, I will come up with the answer to a question my boss asked me six months ago, today. Hence, I procrastinate to collect as many bright ideas as I possible can before I have to stop and get whatever it is I'm doing, done. So, you see, sometimes procrastination is not so bad. In fact, sometimes, procrastination is just someone waiting for their best ideas. Plus, what's with all of the rush? I have a hunch that if people were to slooooooow down and think before doing things, the world would be a better place.

Anyhow.

According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, procrastination: to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done.

According to the Dictionary of Me, procrastination: to put off intentionally the doing of something in order to better do it.

So, procrastinate on, my friends.


1 comment:

Kyle said...

Ohmigod Shelle, you have just given me even more reasons to put things off. I feel the same way as you in terms of waiting for good, creative ideas to come along when they arise. Now I can tell people that I work best when I can think about things for a bit.

I agree...the world would be a lot better if people just stop to think for a second. There seems to be a lack of that these days...especially in dirty American politics.