"Let's grant that I said what I said about your talking without saying anything, now this doesn't mean that you always talk withought saying anything. There are times, however, when one says more in saying nothing and when one says nothing in talking too much. This depends on the situation and on the people involved. Now just how much have you actually said during the last few minutes? Nothing, absolutely nothing. No matter who says so."
I strongly encourage everyone to read this play. It's incredibly short (I believe only about four pages), unless what I read was just a scene (it did not specify). I have read a lot of literature during my schooling, and usually, all of it dragged on and on like a rainy day. This play, however, seemed to have such a strong underlying moral that was covered with such a simple scene. Anyhow, I thought that quote was incredibly powerful, just stated in a very simplistic manner. Now, think about it. How many people do you know that just talk, and talk, and talk without saying anything?
1 comment:
Wow, what an amazing quote! I love when the obvious is stated in a way that goes deeper than you ever thought before. I am pretty quiet, I think. When I say something I try to put meaning behind it. But, maybe I am just silent. I gotta go figure things out now. I'm confusing myself.
Post a Comment